Job Summary: Responsible for overall equipment, systems and building maintenance. Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems. Maintains understanding of equipment operation and function.
- Provides preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Prepares/follows preventative maintenance schedule.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Detects/diagnoses machine malfunction and performs necessary repair.
- Cleans and lubricates machinery.
- Provides electrical maintenance such as replacing light bulbs in entire facility, repairing damaged control panels on the machinery, and replacing lighting panels, receptacles and covers.
- Ensures working condition of emergency lights, flood lights, batteries and fire extinguishers.
- Troubleshoots electrical and machine problems.
- Inspects tow motors weekly.
- Rebuilds motors to save on costs.
- Installs new machinery.
- Follows all safety rules and utilizes all company issued safety equipment designated for use in connection with this job.
- Recommends ceasing production at any time based on condition of equipment or of parts to be run.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Designs new fixtures to fit new jobs.
- Replaces and or repairs damaged fixtures.
- Understands and respects delegation of authority.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or GED. Certification from college or technical school preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years related electro-mechanical industrial maintenance. Working knowledge of vacuum pumps, air compressors, motors, sensors and minor welding and fabrication strongly preferred.
Skills/Knowledge: Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment. Pneumatic knowledge and experience. Basic welding skills. Basic PLC knowledge. Electrical experience up to 3 phase – 480v.
Working Conditions: Repeated standing/walking throughout plant floor most of the day. In the summer months, work environment is hot and humid.
Physical Demands: Intermittent lifting up to 50 lbs