The Production Supervisor meets operational goals by directing the workforce and monitoring quality, production schedules, and efficiencies to ensure materials are processed according to customer demand. The Production Supervisor plans and coordinates the production of work using both internal and external resources. Provides timely planning and scheduling of manufacturing work orders to the manufacturing floor to achieve customer delivery dates.
Duties and responsibilities
- Recognize capacity constraints and works with warehouse operations, traffic, and external processors to identify any alternatives or initiates overtime request to meet demand.
- Analyze output of machines and offer input to management.
- Build strong and effective relationships throughout the operation – with specific liaison requirements between shipping, traffic, operations, and sales.
- Collaborate with scheduling, traffic, and sales department to monitor equipment statuses and ensure production dates can be met without any problems.
- Actively participate in cost reduction and continuous improvement activities.
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Communicate job expectations, plan, monitor, and review job performance of direct reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education requirements:
- Associate’s degree (preferred) or 3 years relevant work experience
- High school diploma (or equivalent) or 5 years relevant work.
- 2 years managerial experience (preferred).
- Read, write, and comprehend written instructions, sales orders, and customer specifications.
- Ability to quickly identify and solve problems.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Mathematical skills to manage units of measure, fractions, decimals, whole numbers.
- Knowledge and experience of warehouse production operations.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ERP systems.
- Self-directed, reliable, and strong initiative.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to work in cooperation with team members.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will almost always be working indoors and required to work on the production floor with exposure to loud noises and machinery.
Duties are primarily performed while on production floor and sitting at a desk or computer terminal. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and listen. The employee is required to type, move between offices and warehouse setting.