The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for procuring business supplies, material, and equipment as necessary in compliance with established company policies and procedures. Will be responsible to maintain required stock inventory levels and identifying purchasing needs. The Purchasing Coordinator reviews, processes purchase orders, maintains records of goods/services ordered and received, negotiates prices, and contracts with suppliers to build and maintains relationships with vendors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Negotiate with suppliers for the purchase of business supplies
- Supervise monthly and yearly inventory counts and analyze the source of variances.
- Monitor inventory levels and identify purchasing needs
- Work closely with Maintenance and the Plant Manager and other Department Managers to ensure operational priorities are met by providing timely procurement of consumables and repair parts while balancing cost-savings to achieve the best value for the company on all purchases.
- Prepare purchase orders based on established policies and procedures, prepare, and solicit bid proposals from vendors, and reviews internal requests for goods and services.
- Reviews receiving receipts for purchase orders for accuracy.
- Manage supplier relations, negotiating contracts and best pricing and timelines for delivery per company guidelines.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchases, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Follows up with vendors as necessary to ensure orders arrive on time and all due-in materials are tracked to completion
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or similar preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Experience negotiating with vendors.
- Experience with purchasing software.
- Experience writing requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Self-directed, reliable, strong initiative
- Excellent communication both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with team members.