We are looking for a Senior Accountant for our client in New Hyde Park! You will be responsible for supervising day to day accounting processes, ensuring deadlines and compliance standards are being met.
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of charge card accounts and post the activity to the GL.
- Reconcile monthly reimbursed expense activity using Concur and post/upload the activity to the GL.
- Ensure multi-state sales tax returns are filed and paid on time while also recording the related journal entries.
- Ensure proper revenue and cost recognition of installation jobs as they progress.
- Compile and enter payroll journal entries (after analyzing and tying out to related payroll summary pages) on a weekly basis.
- Making all estimated corporate tax payments in a timely manner, communicating directly with outside accounting firm as necessary, while also recording the related journal entries.
- Assist with monthly close, including financial statements, account analyses, backup work papers, journal entries, and accruals.
- Be a perpetual driving force behind discovering ways to enhance efficiencies and improve controls over existing processes as well as overseeing new initiatives currently being rolled out.
- At least 5 years of Accounting experience.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred.
- Superior leadership skills a must; leadership by example.
- Experience with Concur a plus.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI).