- Post general journal entries as needed.
- Make bank deposits daily via bank scanner.
- Compile and submit required monthly journal entries to Parent company including accruals.
- Calculate commissions monthly and update sales tracking.
- Reconcile physical inventory accounting activities.
- Perform bank reconciliations monthly, verifying deposits and addressing questions/problems.
- Verify support schedules to general ledger control accounts. Reconcile balance sheet accounts and expense accounts for accuracy and make corrections as needed.
- Maintain pre-paid expense schedule.
- Maintain petty cash fund and reconcile monthly.
- Reconcile POS and retail cash drawer daily.
- Post cash receipts to GP Bank Rec Module.
- Compile and post monthly journal entries.
- Perform monthly financial closing.
- Compile and submit monthly AP and AR aging reports in correct format
- Assist outside insurance, government & accounting auditors.
- Maintain tax exemption certificates and input into CertCapture.
- Review tax-related credit memos. Work with AR/Credit to resolve tax issues on customer invoices.
- Compile and submit required sales tax schedules monthly to Parent company.
- Work with AR/Credit to resolve tax issues on customer invoices.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
· Current and valid US driver’s license.
· At least 2 years of general accounting experience.
· Must be able to pass background checks and drug screens.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting Software. Some experience with ERP systems preferable Great Plains.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of management and co-workers.
· Well organized with strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.